BEINSMARTSIDE UK Ex-Argos worker burst into warehouse and stabbed five former colleagues

Ex-Argos worker burst into warehouse and stabbed five former colleagues

Ex-Argos worker burst into warehouse and stabbed five former colleagues post thumbnail image
Babah Sesay previously worked at the location in south London (Pictures: PA)

A knifeman who randomly stabbed his former coworkers in south London has pleaded guilty to ten charges, including wounding with intent and actual bodily harm.

Police and emergency services were called to the Argos warehouse in Beddington, south London, on January 23 after 31-year-old Babah Sesay began the unprovoked attack.

Five men – one in his 50s, two in their 30s and two in their 20s – were taken to hospital for stab wounds.

Sesay previously worked at the location as a warehouse labourer, according to his LinkedIn.

Last week, he appeared in Croydon Crown Court, admitting to ten charges related to the attack.

Sesay fled the scene after stabbing the five victims but was arrested just an hour later at a local restaurant.

Emergency services at the scene near Marlowe Way in Croydon, south London, after after four people were injured in a reported stabbing. A man has been arrested at the scene, the Metropolitan Police said. Picture date: Thursday January 23, 2025. PA Photo. See PA story POLICE Croydon. Photo credit should read: Ben Whitley/PA Wire
The stabbings prompted a major police response (Picture: PA)

He was taken to hospital with minor injuries following his arrest, before being transferred to custody.

Sesay was charged with five counts of wounding with intent, two counts of aggravated burglary, one count of actual bodily harm, one count of assault by beating and one count of possession of an offensive weapon.

‘The swift actions of our officers helped to ensure no one was seriously hurt in this incident,’ DS Dan Rutland said. ‘I hope this, and the judicial result brings closure and comfort to those involved and highlights to the community that we will not tolerate violence in any form.’

Sesay will be sentenced at Croydon Crown Court on June 5.

Emergency services at the scene near Marlowe Way in Croydon, south London, after after four people were injured in a reported stabbing. A man has been arrested at the scene, the Metropolitan Police said. Picture date: Thursday January 23, 2025. PA Photo. See PA story POLICE Croydon. Photo credit should read: Ben Whitley/PA Wire
Sesay had worked part-time in the warehouse before the stabbings (Picture: PA)

A security guard at the Argos was described as a ‘hero’ after confronting Sesay during the attack.

A worker told Metro at the time: ‘A security guard confronted him, tacked him and was stabbed. Then more staff tried to help and three more were stabbed.’

Another staff member told Metro: ‘It was horrific, just carnage. The security guard was a hero. The attacker claimed he worked at Argos but he did it to trick his way through the security gate.

‘I’ve heard the security guard is going to be ok. This is a total shock.’

Joseph Denton, 29, said: ‘I was there for an audit and the company basically started shouting and saying: ‘He’s back’.

‘So we locked ourselves in the room and we heard shouting coming from the warehouse.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Post