BEINSMARTSIDE UK Universal Credit website goes down leaving users unable to access accounts

Universal Credit website goes down leaving users unable to access accounts

Universal Credit website goes down leaving users unable to access accounts post thumbnail image
Universal credit.
People reported problems accessing the Universal Credit page this morning (Picture: Getty Images)

The Universal Credit page on Gov.uk went down this morning and left hundreds unable to log in to the website.

According to Downdetector, both Gov.uk and HMRC saw a spike in reported outages at around 5am this morning.

People reported issues logging in and using the website as well as the app.

Problems were also reported yesterday evening at around 9pm for people trying to access HMRC.

Other problems with the Gov.uk website were also reported around the same time.

HMRC and DWP has been contacted for comment.

Some people shared the news that they could not access the Universal Credit page.

This included Kerry Blakeley who posted: ‘Can’t login to UC not working.’

This is the message that people saw when they tried to access the website

Another person posted on X: ‘Hi @GOVUK, what is wrong with your Universal Credit website? This is the message I received when I tried to log into my account.’

They included a screenshot of the website that says: ‘Sorry, the service is unavailable.’

Harry Anglesmith added: ‘Mines doing same, I thought I’d been booted out because of fraud (Google says) lol.’

There has been a number of reported outages over the last few weeks, including Microsoft Outlook which went down on Saturday.

Millions of people across the world were unable to access Microsoft services including Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Store.

Last week, thousands of people were unable to access their Slack accounts and couldn’t do any work.

Many used the outage as an excuse to stop work, kick back and relax.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Post

British woman facing month in US immigration detention centre over visa issuesBritish woman facing month in US immigration detention centre over visa issues

{“@context”:”https://schema.org”,”@type”:”VideoObject”,”name”:”Metro.co.uk”,”duration”:”T3M10S”,”thumbnailUrl”:”https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2025/03/12/11/96106807-0-image-m-13_1741779991278.jpg”,”uploadDate”:”2025-03-12T11:46:03+0000″,”description”:”Becky Burke, a 28-year-old British tourist, is being detained in a US immigration centre following a crackdown on immigration during Trump’s presidency.nnShe had been backpacking across the US and Canada