BEINSMARTSIDE UK John Hunt says hell ‘will roll red carpet out’ for triple killer Kyle Clifford

John Hunt says hell ‘will roll red carpet out’ for triple killer Kyle Clifford

John Hunt says hell ‘will roll red carpet out’ for triple killer Kyle Clifford post thumbnail image
Cowardly killer Kyle Clifford refuses to attend sentencing for triple murder
Former soldier Kyle Clifford, 26, raped Louise Hunt, 25, in a ‘violent, sexual act of spite’ while holding her captive for hours (Pictures: PA/Hertfordshire Constabulary)

The father of triple killer Kyle Clifford’s victims has told a court he wanted to face the cowardly murderer ‘eye to eye’ to tell him ‘they’re going to roll the red carpet out for you’ in hell.

Clifford, 26, raped Louise Hunt, 25, in a ‘violent, sexual act of spite’ and shot her with a crossbow days after she ended their 18-month relationship last summer.

He also used the weapon to kill her sister Hannah, 28, and a butcher’s knife to stab their 61-year-old mum Carol Hunt, who was married to BBC racing commentator John Hunt, on July 9 last year.

At Clifford’s sentencing hearing this morning, Mr Hunt said he wanted to deliver his victim impact statement ‘eye to eye with Kyle’.

He told the court: ‘The impact of what you have done will be taken to my grave. But on the way there, I want you to know that I stand strong before you today as you, Kyle, are consigned to a fate far greater than death.

‘I can draw on the love and strength that I still (have) from my girls in every moment of every day.’

He added: ‘Whilst I am badly damaged, I am absolutely determined to see what my future is surrounded by so many amazing people, and the chance to do that, I firmly believe, has been gifted to me by my incredible Hansie (Hannah Hunt).

‘I really believe that had she not managed to show such amazing physical and mental strength in raising the alarm after you, Kyle, fatally injured her, that I would have been your fourth victim that day.

‘Hannah handed me a second chance, one that she worked so hard to achieve for me.’

Addressing Clifford in his absence, he continued: ‘Whatever sentence you’re about to receive, whatever misery lies ahead for you in the next 60 years, remain that after your days on earth are done, on your dying day there will be no release for you Kyle.

‘The screams of hell, Kyle. I can hear them faintly now. They’re going to roll the red carpet out for you.’

This Is Not Right

On November 25, 2024 Metro launched This Is Not Right, a year-long campaign to address the relentless epidemic of violence against women.

Throughout the year we will be bringing you stories that shine a light on the sheer scale of the epidemic.

With the help of our partners at Women’s Aid, This Is Not Right aims to engage and empower our readers on the issue of violence against women.

You can find more articles here, and if you want to share your story with us, you can send us an email at vaw@metro.co.uk.

Read more:

Victim Louise Hunt is the ex-girlfriend of crossbow suspect Kyle Clifford Louise Hunt: https://www.facebook.com/louisehunt99/friends?locale=en_GB Crossbow, Bushey Crossbow, Bushey
Victim Louise Hunt is the ex-girlfriend of crossbow suspect Kyle Clifford (Picture: Facebook)

The grieving husband and father said his daughter Louise ‘conducted herself within a textbook mature break-up on her part, understanding the conflict of saying goodbye to someone she once loved, but not allowing those memories to cloud her certain knowledge that you, Kyle, simply failed to be the person she needed’.

Fighting back tears, he added: ‘I hope women round the world will take Louise’s bravery as a shining beacon for their lives.

‘If you feel enough is enough, then it is.’

Amy Hunt, John and Carol’s eldest daughter, broke down part-way through reading her statement, in which she said Clifford ‘decided your own fragile ego and pride were more important’ than the lives of her family.

‘You planned to take the lives of three women who have never done anything to hurt you and for what – you got dumped,’ she added.

‘That day, and every day leading up to it, Kyle, you had a choice and you chose to inflict violence on a horrific scale, all for your own selfish and sadistic aims.

‘All the time, truly thinking of yourself alone, I can only assume that in the days after Louise broke up with you in the kindest most respectful way… you created some kind of false narrative in your head about how we had supposedly wronged you in order to allow you to avoid confronting the pain and shame within you and the truth – that the break-up was entirely your fault.

‘That day, my mum, Hannah and Louise were all simply living their lives, getting on with their day in the home working or returning to their home after work.

‘Their home is a place that was and should have continued to be safe for them and you made it the most unsafe place in the world for those few hours – you are a monster.’

Carol Hunt, who was married to BBC horse racing commentator John Hunt (pictured together), was found fatally injured along with her two daughters at her home last night Mum Carol Hunt: https://www.facebook.com/carol.hunt.129?locale=en_GB Crossbow, Bushey
Carol Hunt, who was married to BBC horse racing commentator John Hunt (pictured together), was found fatally injured along with her two daughters at her home
(Picture: Facebook)

Clifford’s sentencing hearing is taking place at Cambridge Crown Court, where he was found guilty of rape last week, having already admitted the three murders along with charges of false imprisonment and having offensive weapons.

Judge Mr Justice Bennathan told the court this morning the triple killer was asked to attend the hearing in person or by video-link but ‘refused’.

The court was specifically chosen for Clifford’s needs as the dock is wheelchair accessible.

He is paralysed from the chest down after turning the crossbow on himself as armed police closed in a day after the attack.

During the trial, jurors heard an ‘enraged’ Clifford started plotting the attack on July 9 last year days after Louise called an end to their 18-month relationship.

Prosecutor Alison Morgan KC told them: ‘If he could not have her, no one else was going to, and he was going to take her family down with her.’

Hannah Hunt (PICTURED) , also died after being shot with a crossbow at the family's ?800,000 home Sister Hannah Hunt https://www.facebook.com/hannah.hunt.102?locale=en_GB Crossbow, Bushey
Hannah Hunt also died after being shot with a crossbow at the family’s home (Picture: Facebook)

In the days before the attack, he had searched online for how to purchase a crossbow and accessed pornography.

Less than 24 hours before the murders, Clifford searched for the ‘violent misogyny promoted’ by controversial social media influencer Andrew Tate’s podcast.

Mr Justice Bennathan ruled jurors could not be told about the Tate videos because it would be ‘deeply prejudicial’, saying Mr Tate was ‘almost a poster boy for misogynists’.

Ms Morgan told the court today that a friend of Louise’s confronted Clifford about him watching one of Tate’s videos ‘which showed animals who had been drugged’.

The prosecutor said: ‘She asked the defendant why he was watching this – he said that it was funny.’

Addressing Clifford’s search for Tate’s podcast the day before the murders, Ms Morgan said: ‘As my Lord correctly noted… Andrew Tate can properly be described as a poster boy for misogynists – a poster boy for those who view women as possession to be controlled.

‘In that context, and in light of all the other background material, it is no coincidence, the prosecution submit, that it was Andrew Tate that the defendant turned to the night before he would go off to commit these acts of violence against women.’

material is EMBARGOED until verdicts are returned Kyle Clifford trial coming to an end A man has pleaded guilty to the murder of three women in Bushey in July. Kyle Clifford, aged 26, formerly of Rendlesham Road, Enfield, appeared at Cambridge Crown Court today (Wednesday 22 January). He pleaded guilty to the following offences: Three counts of murder in relation to Carol, Hannah and Louise Hunt. Two counts of possession of an offensive weapon. One count of false imprisonment in relation to Louise Hunt. At today?s hearing Clifford pleaded not guilty to a charge of rape in relation to Louise Hunt on 9 July. Kyle Clifford will appear at Cambridge Crown Court on 3 March for trial in relation to the rape charge.
The crossbow Kyle Clifford used in the attack (Picture: Hertfordshire Constabulary)
material is EMBARGOED until verdicts are returned Kyle Clifford trial coming to an end A man has pleaded guilty to the murder of three women in Bushey in July. Kyle Clifford, aged 26, formerly of Rendlesham Road, Enfield, appeared at Cambridge Crown Court today (Wednesday 22 January). He pleaded guilty to the following offences: Three counts of murder in relation to Carol, Hannah and Louise Hunt. Two counts of possession of an offensive weapon. One count of false imprisonment in relation to Louise Hunt. At today?s hearing Clifford pleaded not guilty to a charge of rape in relation to Louise Hunt on 9 July. Kyle Clifford will appear at Cambridge Crown Court on 3 March for trial in relation to the rape charge.
The packaging from the knife used by Clifford in the attack (Picture: Hertfordshire Constabulary)

Clifford also spoke to his brother, also in prison for murder, the day before the attack.

Ms Morgan said Bradley Clifford ‘asks him if he’s planning on going on the rampage or something’ with the crossbow.

She said Kyle Clifford said he bought it because ‘he’s got nothing to spend his money on and he’s spending money from a savings account, money he would usually spend on going out with Louise (Hunt), he spent money on some of this stuff instead’.

Clifford spent £350 ordering the crossbow, six bolts and a cocking device online. He also ordered an air gun, which never arrived, along with duct tape, a ‘high level butchering knife’ for £89 and a length of rope.

He gained access to the family home by deceiving Carol Hunt by claiming he was there to drop off some of Louise’s belongings.

After killing her in a ‘brutal’ attack, he ‘lay in wait’ for an hour for Louise to enter the house, before restraining, raping and ultimately murdering her with a crossbow.

He then fatally shot Hannah when she returned to the property in the quiet cul-de-sac of Ashlyn Close after work.

{“@context”:”https://schema.org”,”@type”:”VideoObject”,”name”:”Metro.co.uk”,”duration”:”T6M27S”,”thumbnailUrl”:”https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2025/03/06/14/95911991-0-image-a-298_1741270689061.jpg”,”uploadDate”:”2025-03-06T14:16:33+0000″,”description”:”Kyle Clifford is accused of killing three women aged 25, 28 and 66 who were killed in Bushey were targeted and attacked with a crossbow and other weapons.”,”contentUrl”:”https://videos.metro.co.uk/video/met/2025/03/06/2939009636200069128/480x270_MP4_2939009636200069128.mp4″,”height”:270,”width”:480}

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

Up Next

window.addEventListener(‘metroVideo:relatedVideosCarouselLoaded’, function(data) {
if (typeof(data.detail) === ‘undefined’ || typeof(data.detail.carousel) === ‘undefined’ || typeof(data.detail.carousel.el_) === ‘undefined’) {
return;
}
var player = data.detail.carousel.el_;
var container = player.closest(‘.metro-video-player’);
var placeholder = container.querySelector(‘.metro-video-player__up-next-placeholder’);
container.removeChild(placeholder);
container.classList.add(‘metro-video-player–related-videos-loaded’);
});

The court was told a faint scream could be heard from the address shortly after Louise entered the house.

Hannah is heard on audio at the Hunt family home saying ‘Kyle I swear to God’ after returning home and appearing to find Clifford in the house.

The court heard Louise had ended her relationship with Clifford supported by her friends and family. She said he had a ‘nasty temper’ and behaved in an ‘aggressive manner’.

Following the killings, a brief manhunt was launched and Clifford, of Enfield, north London, was found in a cemetery near his home after shooting himself with the crossbow.

He spent 10 weeks in hospital with a round-the-clock police guard before he could be interviewed, on September 16 last year.

After the convictions, Chief Superintendent Jon Simpson said: ‘The scale of Kyle Clifford’s crimes is unprecedented in terms of male violence against women and girls and is totally shocking.’

Clifford showed no emotion when asked about the killings during his interview but appeared to choke back tears after he is asked about a note on his phone, written about himself.

In the self-pitying note, he wrote: ‘Please don’t think of this as me throwing my life away. I have lived and I am grateful for everything and everyone that has been a part of it.

‘It is now my time to leave and be at peace as this is what I ultimately want.

‘I know you will all have so many questions and wish you could have done something different to prevent this however none of you have failed and there is simply nothing any of you could have done.

‘This is my decision to just be at peace.

‘You all have to take care of each other and speak to each other because that will be the best thing for you all.

‘I love you all so much.’

CCTV footage Toolstation footage of Kyle Clifford purchasing rope which were shown in today?s hearing (Tuesday 4 March) He is shown three thickness of rope and appears to select the thickest / Strongest Herts police hand out
CCTV footage from Toolstation in Enfield showing Kyle Clifford purchasing rope (Picture: Hertfordshire Constabulary)

He also refused to engage with questions about a note on his phone, addressed ‘to myself’, where he said: ‘I don’t want to live my life without her.’

Clifford wrote: ‘I don’t want to experience new things. Nothing I can think of can make me happy.

‘I know I could have gone to therapy, found faith and become a new better person but I just simply don’t want to.

‘I am so sorry I didn’t wait to move on and find my future wife, have the children I always wanted.’

Detective Chief Inspector Nick Gardner said Clifford ‘clearly knew there were healthy ways of dealing with the breakup’ but: ‘He chose not to take those paths. He simply “didn’t want to” do that.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Post

Heathrow warned of power supply risk days before fire disrupted 300,000 passengersHeathrow warned of power supply risk days before fire disrupted 300,000 passengers

{“@context”:”https://schema.org”,”@type”:”VideoObject”,”name”:”Metro.co.uk”,”duration”:”T1M24S”,”thumbnailUrl”:”https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2025/03/21/18/96445827-0-image-a-105_1742581819531.jpg”,”uploadDate”:”2025-03-21T18:29:33+0000″,”description”:”The British Airways BAW35JG flight arrived from Gatwick Airport and hit the Heathrow runway just after 6pm UK time.”,”contentUrl”:”https://videos.metro.co.uk/video/met/2025/03/21/4730573117084943632/480x270_MP4_4730573117084943632.mp4″,”height”:270,”width”:480} To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to