BEINSMARTSIDE UK Gang member chases man before stabbing him to death shouting ‘die, die, die’

Gang member chases man before stabbing him to death shouting ‘die, die, die’

Gang member chases man before stabbing him to death shouting ‘die, die, die’ post thumbnail image
{“@context”:”https://schema.org”,”@type”:”VideoObject”,”name”:”Metro.co.uk”,”duration”:”T24S”,”thumbnailUrl”:”https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2025/03/17/14/96275851-0-image-a-7_1742222564798.jpg”,”uploadDate”:”2025-03-17T14:42:44+0000″,”description”:”In CCTV footage, Dellan Charles, 23, was pictured calmly leaving the scene after delivering the fatal blows, before making his escape by trespassing through nearby leafy suburban gardens. The jury heard how Charles disposed of a knife at a nearby address, before concocting a calculated plan to flee the area. He then went to ground for just shy of a year before police pieced the case together.”,”contentUrl”:”https://videos.metro.co.uk/video/met/2025/03/17/268882986380315268/480x270_MP4_268882986380315268.mp4″,”height”:270,”width”:480}

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

Up Next

window.addEventListener(‘metroVideo:relatedVideosCarouselLoaded’, function(data) {
if (typeof(data.detail) === ‘undefined’ || typeof(data.detail.carousel) === ‘undefined’ || typeof(data.detail.carousel.el_) === ‘undefined’) {
return;
}
var player = data.detail.carousel.el_;
var container = player.closest(‘.metro-video-player’);
var placeholder = container.querySelector(‘.metro-video-player__up-next-placeholder’);
container.removeChild(placeholder);
container.classList.add(‘metro-video-player–related-videos-loaded’);
});

A gang member has been jailed after stabbing him to death in broad daylight while shouting ‘die, die, die’.

Dellan Charles, 24, was sentenced today to a minimum of 23 years in jail at Kingston Crown Court for the murder of Sean O’Neill, 23.

In CCTV footage, Charles can be seen chasing Mr O’Neill through quiet residential streets in Hayes, west London on May 18, 2023 following an altercation between rival gangs.

After cornering him, Charles used two knives to stab his victim multiple times as he screamed ‘die, die, die’.

The killer was then caught on separate footage calmly walking away,before escaping by trespassing through people’s gardens.

During Charles’s murder trial, the jury head how he disposed of a knife at a nearby address, before fleeing the area and disappearing for just shy of a year.

Over the course of the next ten months, police detectives pieced together the course of events, while conducting an extensive man hunt.

Dellan Charles, who has been jailed for the murder of Sean O’Neill (Picture: Metropolitan Police)
Sean O’Neill, who was described as ‘a funny, kind and sociable person’ (Picture: Metropolitan Police)

Charles was eventually found and arrested in Coventry on March 27 last year and convicted of murder on December 17.

The jury heard how Mr O’Neill was a funny, kind and sociable person and that many people have been deeply affected by his tragic death.

Detective Inspector Kevin Martin, who led the investigation for Specialist Crime South, said: ‘Myself and the team once again pay tribute to Sean’s family who, throughout this distressing time, have shown real strength and togetherness.

Charles with one of the knives he used to stab Mr O’Neill (Picture: Metropolitan Police)
Mr O’Neill running away from Charles (Picture: Metropolitan Police)
Charles after the killing (Picture: Metropolitan Police)

‘Heartbreakingly, nothing will ever bring Sean back, but today, the man responsible for taking him away from his much-loved family has been forced to face the reality of his malicious actions.’

Sean’s family said in a statement: ‘We really appreciate the efforts of the Metropolitan Police and the Crown Prosecution Service in bringing about justice, as well as the support we have received throughout this difficult process.

‘Sean will be remembered for his big heart, charming smile and fun-loving personality. He is incredibly loved by us all and we miss him every day.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Post

E-bikes to be banned on London Underground in days after string of station firesE-bikes to be banned on London Underground in days after string of station fires

{“@context”:”https://schema.org”,”@type”:”VideoObject”,”name”:”Metro.co.uk”,”duration”:”T36S”,”thumbnailUrl”:”https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2024/04/08/10/83358273-0-image-a-25_1712569830559.jpg”,”uploadDate”:”2024-04-08T10:50:00+0100″,”description”:”Sahab Singh from Sutton bought the e-bike from an online marketplace four months ago. He said: ‘I never had any problems with the e-bike until the day of the fire.