BEINSMARTSIDE UK Man drives car at rival Airbnb guests after rental in Cardiff was double booked

Man drives car at rival Airbnb guests after rental in Cardiff was double booked

Man drives car at rival Airbnb guests after rental in Cardiff was double booked post thumbnail image
{“@context”:”https://schema.org”,”@type”:”VideoObject”,”name”:”Metro.co.uk”,”duration”:”T19S”,”thumbnailUrl”:”https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2025/03/18/18/96325037-0-image-m-98_1742323298702.jpg”,”uploadDate”:”2025-03-18T18:40:49+0000″,”description”:”Johnathan Newbury was found guilty after the car rammed several people on Malefant Street in Cathays, Cardiff.”,”contentUrl”:”https://videos.metro.co.uk/video/met/2025/03/18/2627323244112623530/480x270_MP4_2627323244112623530.mp4″,”height”:270,”width”:480}

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

Up Next

window.addEventListener(‘metroVideo:relatedVideosCarouselLoaded’, function(data) {
if (typeof(data.detail) === ‘undefined’ || typeof(data.detail.carousel) === ‘undefined’ || typeof(data.detail.carousel.el_) === ‘undefined’) {
return;
}
var player = data.detail.carousel.el_;
var container = player.closest(‘.metro-video-player’);
var placeholder = container.querySelector(‘.metro-video-player__up-next-placeholder’);
container.removeChild(placeholder);
container.classList.add(‘metro-video-player–related-videos-loaded’);
});

This is the terrifying moment the driver of a black SUV ploughed into a group of people throwing them into the air.

The driver of the car, Johnathan Newbury, 33, decided to ram into them because of an argument over the double booking of an Airbnb.

Abdalrhman Ali and Ryan Jones had booked the Airbnb in a rental spot called ‘Comfortable Stay’ for a weekend break to see friends in Cardiff in July last year.

But when they arrived, Newbury was already there with a friend called Elliot Fiteni and a row broke out.

In the footage, Abdalrhman and Ryan are hit, while their other friends manage to dodge out of the way.

Abdalrhman injured his right foot and pelvis while Ryan lost consciousness and injured his ribs, chest, abdomen and jaw.

Prosecutor James Wilson said the pair were warned by a woman at the property that Newbury would ‘bomb’ them.

‘The meaning of this term became clear from what then happened,’ he said.

Car ploughs into group of people.
This is the moment the car ploughed into the group of people

He said four or five men arrived in the black SUV, while some got out and another clutched on to a zombie-style machete.

They chased Abdalrhman and Ryan and shouted: ‘I’m going to f***ing rip these little f***ers up.’

Fiteni admitted he was one of the people who was in the car.

Newbury, from Cardiff, was found guilty of causing grievous bodily harm with intent, attempting to inflict grievous bodily harm and possession of a bladed article.

Newbury will be sentenced at Cardiff Crown Court on April 11 (Picture: Wales News Service)

He was found not guilty of two counts of attempted murder and racially aggravated harassment. Fiteni was found not guilty.

Judge Jeremy Jenkins adjourned Newbury’s sentencing to take place on April 11 at Cardiff Crown Court.

He told him: ‘You have been found guilty of serious offences. You can expect a substantial period of immediate custody.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Post